As my life here becomes more and more mundane and less like a holiday, it's probable that my blog entries will slow as I find less interesting things to spend my time on. That is until I go to London for almost three weeks in June to visit my beloved Sally! Just to make you all jealous, I'm flying out of Dubai on the 5th of June (yes, the day after my birthday) and return on the 24th. So that's 15 nights of fun filled London time, and 3 nights of Paris fun (Sal and I are taking the Eurostar to Paris). I'm obviously very excited by all of this...
Anyway, back to this week. This weekend I basically went looking for a guitar to buy, as I have felt the need to sit on my balcony and annoy the neighbours with endless Radiohead songs played amateurishly. I might change it up every once in a while and give them a few Pete Murray songs if I'm feeling like it.. On my travels I often pass the turn off to the ludicrous Palm Jumeirah, the massive civil engineering feat shown below:
Anyway, back to this week. This weekend I basically went looking for a guitar to buy, as I have felt the need to sit on my balcony and annoy the neighbours with endless Radiohead songs played amateurishly. I might change it up every once in a while and give them a few Pete Murray songs if I'm feeling like it.. On my travels I often pass the turn off to the ludicrous Palm Jumeirah, the massive civil engineering feat shown below:
Of course, this is what it's going to look like when it's finished, at the moment I think maybe most of the earthworks are completed, most of the houses on the fronds are being built and the apartments up the trunk are under construction. I was able to drive about halfway out the trunk to take the following amazing photos!!Looking back to the Burj Al Arab.
Looking across to one of the fronds and the multitude of identical villas built on it.
Looking straight up the trunk. There are literally about 30 of those buildings, all exactly the same as the next.
So with that, I'll finish up with a quick update of the Burj Dubai....still 124 stories according to the sign!!
Just as I was completing this entry, I recieved this image...
To think I was there just yesterday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment